Weekly Update | December 15, 2022
Weekly Newsletter 12/15/2022
Beloved, Christmas time is here and with it comes some extra free time. Vacations and extra days off allow us to spend more time with family, close ones, and friends. We strongly urge you to include people in your fellowship from outside your circle. Carefully look for people at the services who may have recently immigrated, or recently came to the church, or also those who don’t know the Lord as their Savior. For the sake of Christ, who for our sake came out of His comfort zone coming onto this Earth, come out of your comfort zone by serving someone who does not have anyone else to fellowship with. Remember that our ministry and care for other people is an expression of true love, and it brings God praise (Luke 10:25-37).
A reminder that on the Christmas-themed December 23rd service we will have a special offering in which kids will have an opportunity to participate. This offering will be specifically targeted for gifts and help to kids in need. Prepare your kids and explain to them the importance of sacrificing even a little for others in need.
Continue supporting the churches working among the people who have suffered from the war in Ukraine: https://gfchurch.com/ukraine/
The Scripture memory text – Psalm 90:14-1614 Satisfy us in the morning with your steadfast love, that we may rejoice and be glad all our days.
15 Make us glad for as many days as you have afflicted us, and for as many years as we have seen evil.
16 Let your work be shown to your servants, and your glorious power to their children.
- – December 18th (6:00 PM) – Church Family Evening Service (Please bring fruits or sweets to the table for our fellowship afterwards)
- – December 23rd (6:30 PM) – Children’s Christmas Service
- – December 24th (evening) – Youth caroling to our church members
- – December 31st (6:00 PM) – New Year’s Eve Service
- – January 1st (5:00 PM) – Combined worship service
- – January 21st (9:00 AM – 12:30 PM) – All church staff prayer meeting
- – January 22nd (6:00 PM) – Membership meeting
Below are the services and meetings for this weekend:
Thursday (6:30 PM) – Children’s Bible School (open to all but required for parents), followed by Bible Study (Proverbs) for the whole church at 7:30 PM.
Saturday (8:00 – 9:30 AM) – Men’s prayer breakfast, and church board meeting (9:30 – 11:00 AM)
- – Worship Service in Russian at 9:00 AM
- – Worship Service in English at 11:15 AM
- – Family Evening Service at 6:00 PM
On behalf of the elders of GFC