Weekly Update | November 24, 2021
Weekly Newsletter 11/24/2021
“I give thanks to my God always for you because of the grace of God that was given you in Christ Jesus…” (1 Cor. 1:4)
This week we gather with our friends and relatives around a celebratory dinner. In order to keep the time at the table effective, here are a few questions that you can use:
- – What does it mean to be thankful?
- – Give 2 biblical examples of thankful people.
- – How does unthankfulness look like?
- – Give 2 biblical examples of unthankful people.
- – Evaluate yourself, on a scale of 1 to 10, how thankful are you?
- – Share why you gave yourself this grade.
- – What helps you be thankful?
- – Share 3 things for which you are most thankful
You can, of course, use your own questions, but we encourage you to have a biblical discussion on the topic of a thankful heart at the dinner table.
Remember the story of the 10 lepers in Luke 17:11-19. Remember last year’s sermon on this text.
Please, take a look at the services and special events scheduled for November-December:
- – 4 December (5:30 PM) Women’s Christmas Night
- – 11 December – Evening for the church board (including wives)
- – 19 December (6:00 PM) – Church Family Evening Service (Christmas Concert)
- – 24 December (6:00 PM) – Christmas Eve Service
- – 31 December (11:00 PM) – New Year’s Eve Service
The memory verse this week is – Revelation 21:3-4“And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Behold, the dwelling place of God is with man. He will dwell with them, and they will be his people, and God himself will be with them as their God. He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away.”
Below are the services and meetings for this weekend:
Tomorrow, Thursday (10:00 AM) “Thanksgiving” combined service
Saturday (8:00 – 9:30 AM) Men’s prayer breakfast, and church board meeting (9:30 – 11:00 AM).
- – Worship Service in Russian at
- – Worship Service in English at
As previously, due to the restrictions and orders from the health department, we remind you:
- – Keep social distancing and wearing masks in public places
- – Wash and sanitize hands more often
- – If you have flu-like symptoms, were in contact with a person with COVID, or are in the “high-risk” group, then we ask you to stay home
Elders of GFC