Weekly Update | October 20, 2022
Weekly Newsletter 10/20/2022
Praise the Lord! Last week’s Fathers and Sons (8 years and up) event was a success. We had very straightforward and edifying instructional seminars on the puberty of boys. I can’t share everything (nor should I), but here are a few important takeaways to remember:
- – Kids must see the Gospel in action in their parents so that when the time comes, they may live by it themselves.
- – Parents shouldn’t shy away from showing joyful, healthy affections between husband and wife (special attention, kid-friendly expressions of love, etc.).
- – For youth (teenagers), fatherly love is most important, expressed through time spent together.
- – Parents must pray that God would use their life and example as an instrument in the forming of their children, instead of just showing an example.
- – It is important for parents to instill the authority of God’s word in their children from childhood, so that when the time comes to give biblical instruction regarding life, their children may follow the principles of Scripture.
- – Parents earn respect, but obedience is simply expected from the kids.
- – When it comes to sexual topics, don’t come up with falsehoods (such as finding the child somewhere); it’s better to say that you’ll just explain it a little later.
- – A good relationship between a father and a son fosters an environment that makes it possible for the son to approach his father freely when he begins to experience changes in his body.
- – A father must be thoughtful and sensitive when his son becomes old enough to hear more detailed information about topics such as pornography, masturbation, and fantasy.
- – Beloved, don’t wait too long. The world outpaces us with its overflow of sinful information.
- – Based on Scripture, pornography and masturbation are a sin. Don’t look for excuses for these sins from Christian psychologists. This is flirting with the philosophy of this world.
If you are interested to learn more about raising boys, invite those who were at the event to your house for a discussion, and they’ll be happy to share their experience and knowledge 🙂
Continue supporting the churches working among the people who have suffered from the war in Ukraine: https://gfchurch.com/ukraine/
The Scripture memory text – Jeremiah 29:11-1311 For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope.
12 Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will hear you.
13 You will seek me and find me, when you seek me with all your heart.
Below are the services and meetings for this weekend:
Thursday (6:30 PM) – Children’s Bible School (open to all but required for parents), followed by Bible Study (Proverbs) for the whole church at 7:30 PM.
- – Worship Service in Russian at 9:00 AM
- – Worship Service in English at 11:15 AM
- – Family Evening Service at 6:00 PM – Please bring some sweets or fruits to the table for our fellowship afterwards. Thank you!
- – October 28-29 – PCSBA convention in our church (in the form of a bible conference on the Epistle to the Colossians)
- – November 4 (6:30 PM) – Women’s prayer night on the topic of “Practical Evangelism in the Life of a Christian Woman” (open to all women and young girls from 9th grade and up)
On behalf of the elders of GFC