Weekly Update | October 13, 2022
Weekly Newsletter 10/13/2022
Dear church, on behalf of the Elder Board I want to thank everyone who made the Church Day celebration possible! Many people labored and sacrificed their time and energy to make this day special for the church!
Like we already heard this Sunday, this month is a special month in the calendars of many Americans as Pastor Appreciation Month. Along with this, I want to suggest one of the most important ways that you, beloved members of the church, could bless and show care to the elders, by praying for them:
- – Pray for their joy in ministry (Heb. 13:17).
- – Pray for their zeal in evangelism (Eph. 6:19). If Apostle Paul asked for this, then even more so should modern ministers.
- – Pray for their moral and spiritual cleanliness. Like all other Christians, they are tempted by the same things in life (1 Tim. 3:2-4).
- – Pray for their ability to rely on God more (Pr. 3:5-6).
- – Pray for the renewal of their spiritual and physical strength (Gal. 6:9).
- – Pray for their wisdom from above (Jas. 1:5-6).
Continue supporting the churches working among the people who have suffered from the war in Ukraine: https://gfchurch.com/ukraine/
Attention! There is an opportunity for ministry! On Wednesdays, during the choir rehearsals, there is a need to watch over the children of the choir members. There is a special room for this. All the details can be discussed with Nick Shipilin.
The Scripture memory text – Jeremiah 9:23-2423 Thus says the Lord: “Let not the wise man boast in his wisdom, let not the mighty man boast in his might, let not the rich man boast in his riches,
24 but let him who boasts boast in this, that he understands and knows me, that I am the Lord who practices steadfast love, justice, and righteousness in the earth. For in these things I delight, declares the Lord.”
Below are the services and meetings for this weekend:
Thursday (6:30 PM) – Children’s Bible School (open to all but required for parents), followed by Bible Study (Proverbs) for the whole church at 7:30 PM.
Saturday (9:00 AM) – Meeting/discussion on the topic of puberty for fathers and sons (ages 8 and up)
- – Worship Service in Russian at 9:00 AM
- – Worship Service in English at 11:15 AM
- – October 28-29 – PCSBA convention in our church (in the form of a bible conference on the Epistle to the Colossians)
- – November 4 (5:00 PM) – Women’s prayer night on the topic of “Practical Evangelism in the Life of a Christian Woman” (open to all women and young girls from 9th grade and up)
On behalf of the elders of GFC