Weekly Update | September 1, 2022
Weekly Newsletter 09/01/2022
Peace to you!
The small (home) group fair was a success! It was wonderful seeing many who were interested, registering, and inviting their friends to a group. One more time, on behalf of the elder board, I want to thank God for all the leaders and helpers who will be leading 22 small groups. This is a great work of love. And beloved, please pray that these brothers and their families would do this work with joy, from the heart, as for the Lord. If you were not there this Sunday, please contact Joseph Sheremet or any of the other elders in the church, and they will help you find a fitting group.
Let us focus our attention now on the planned conference/seminar on family and marriage. We have invited brother Andrey Rezunenko to lead 4 sessions (plus a Q&A) in the second half of September. Please click on the link for more details and to register. This conference is open to all so it is a good opportunity to invite your friends (believers and non-believers): https://mygracefamilychurch.churchcenter.com/registrations/events/1412689
For your information and prayers, please consider the short letters/reports that we received over the last few months from one of our missionaries, Oleg Gerasichkin. May this become one of the things you pray about.
- We are organizing a new church in the Lviv Oblast. In Lviv and in the Lviv Oblast there are 500,000 refugees. We visited Irpin and served as best we could with a team of volunteers. We ask you to pray for our ministry, as the war has not yet finished and the problems related to it are increasing.
- We are continuing our ministry and extracting people from hot spots, feeding them, and finding them a play to stay. In Briukhovychi, in the Lviv Oblast, we are accepting refugees. We also began a new church. We are asking you to pray for the ending of the war. There are troubles and shooting every day… We held a vision clinic!
June & July 2022
- We are continuing our ministry by God’s mercy. Summer is the time for camps. We are continuing to build a living space for refugees. Many don’t have the opportunity to return home due to occupied territory or destroyed homes. Pray for our ministry. We are preparing a group to be baptized, the second one this year. Blessings to you all!
Continue supporting the churches working among the people who have suffered from the war in Ukraine: https://gfchurch.com/ukraine/
Also… please read the update on the ministry to Afghan people:
Backpack Drive Update:
- We praise God and thank everyone who brought school supplies and/or prayed for this event. Afghan-American church couldn’t have done it without the help of brothers and sisters and God’s ever-present grace.
Here are the stats:
- – Supplies for over 1000 backpacks were donated by 16 churches + many individuals!
- – Over 1000 backpacks with the gospel message were distributed to Afghan (mainly) and other immigrant populations
- – 4 Back-to-school events in 4 cities with fun activities and a used book drive
- – Around 100 Bibles and other spiritual books were distributed in Dari, Pashto, English, Spanish, Arabic, and Chinese
- – Many spiritual conversations and we pray for more opportunities to share the gospel with those whom received these backpacks
The Scripture memory text – Psalm 151 O Lord, who shall sojourn in your tent? Who shall dwell on your holy hill?
2 He who walks blamelessly and does what is right and speaks truth in his heart;
3 who does not slander with his tongue and does no evil to his neighbor, nor takes up a reproach against his friend;
4 in whose eyes a vile person is despised, but who honors those who fear the Lord; who swears to his own hurt and does not change;
5 who does not put out his money at interest and does not take a bribe against the innocent. He who does these things shall never be moved.
Below are the services and meetings for this weekend:
Today, Thursday (7:00 PM) – Prayer service in the cafeteria
Saturday (9:00 AM) – Women’s prayer breakfast (coffee corner)
- – Worship Service in Russian at 9:00 AM
- – Worship Service in English at 11:15 AM
- – September 2-5 – Camp UNITED (Youth ministry)
- – September 23-24 – Family & Marriage Seminar: “Family – the center of which is Christ”
- – October 28-29 – PCSBA convention in our church (in the form of a bible conference on the Epistle to the Colossians)
On behalf of the elders of GFC