Weekly Update | May 19, 2022
Weekly Newsletter 05/19/2022
Let’s talk a little about theology and doctrine. What is doctrine?
“Follow the pattern of the sound words that you have heard from me, in the faith and love that are in Christ Jesus.” (2 Tim. 1:13)
“…hold firm to the trustworthy word as taught, so that he may be able to give instruction in sound doctrine and also to rebuke those who contradict it.” (Tit. 1:9)
Doctrine – a systematic summary of biblical truths, showing logical connections between them, forming a worldview, and defining a general approach to life.
Doctrines differ in importance, clarity, and practical value. The Bible doesn’t explain all doctrine with the same detail and directness. In order of importance, this is how we can organize the foundations of the Christian life.
The proper approach to doctrine:
• Study the Bible carefully, forming your doctrine
• Remember, the main point of doctrine is to help you properly understand God and live in harmony with Him
• Come to forming your doctrine in humility and reverence before God
• Form your convictions out of biblically founded doctrine
• Be careful when assessing others’ doctrines-
- – Truly love people
- – Judge the position, not the person
- – Be confident that you definitely understand the other person
- – Distinguish the different levels of doctrines
- – Avoid arguments about doctrine
Continue supporting the churches which are working among the people who have suffered from the war in Ukraine: https://gfchurch.com/ukraine/
Please continue to pray for brother Joseph Sheremet’s ministry in Poland!
The Scripture memory text for the next few weeks is – Psalm 139:17-1817 How precious to me are your thoughts, O God!
How vast is the sum of them!
18 If I would count them, they are more than the sand.
I awake, and I am still with you.
Important announcement: Choir rehearsal’s have now been moved to Wednesday (6:30 PM). Nikolay Shipilin invites all those who have experience singing in choir to come up to him on Sunday and find out how you can join this ministry.
Below are the services and meetings for this weekend:
Today, Thursday (6:30 PM) – Children’s Bible School (open to all but required for parents), followed by Bible Study (Proverbs) for the whole church at 7:30 PM.
Friday (6:00 PM) – Handing out VBS invites around the church. Everyone is welcome join the youth as they go door to door to invite children outside of church to VBS.
- – Worship Service in Russian at 9:00 AM
- – Worship Service in English at 11:15 AM
On behalf of elders of GFC