Weekly Update | May 5, 2022
Weekly Newsletter 05/05/2022
Many of you, in addition to Sunday messages, between Sundays, listen to the sermons and seminary from other churches. This is good and enriching in many ways practice. I want to share some of the sermons that I recommend listening to at least once.
– R.G. Lee “Pay-Day Someday” (this sermon is considered classical southern-baptist sermon; recommended for all who are interested in learning how to preach) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mstq4QTyrQ
– John Piper “One Day” (the sermon that has a nickname “seashells” – the sermon that caused many to commit themselves to serve God) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XajXpH908Yg
– Paul Washer “Shocking Message” (this message has shocked listening youth, and still continues to challenge people to evaluate their faith) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuabITeO4l8
– Alexey Kolomiytsev (one of the best sermons; in Russian) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CP42XOOMG5c
– Alexey Kolomiytsev “Smartphone and your soul” (in Russian) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSqCFFSYLQk
– Andrey Rezunenko “The cause of joyless and fruitless life in many Christians” (in Russian) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYD6495IEhY
– Albert Mohler “The Valley of Dry Bones” (Shepherds’ Conference 2005) https://www.gracechurch.org/sermons/239
– John MacArthur “A Tale of Two Sons” (in my opinion, the best sermon by MacArthur; I was in the auditorium what he preached that message… even now, the ending causes goose bumps on my skin) https://www.gty.org/library/sermons-library/GTY104/the-tale-of-two-sons
Now, what about our own preachers? They are not such big stars as those listed above. It is indeed true that not everyone has such abilities and gifts as the brothers listed, but if the Word is preached without distortion, this is the most important thing of all. After all, it is the Word of God that carries the power to revive and change a person, and not the rhetorical abilities of the one communicating. Among other things, our own preachers of the Word know the situation and the needs of people in the church, and therefore, although, the sermons being not so bright, nevertheless are preached for the benefit and growth of the local church. Please listed to good preachers, but pray for your own. Also, it is not worth comparing preachers, since we do not find any basis for that in the Scripture. And preachers: don’t be jealous if people like to listen to others!
Continue supporting the churches which are working among the people who have suffered from the war in Ukraine.
Continue to pray for brother Joseph Sheremet’s ministry in Poland!
The Scripture memory text for the next few weeks is – Psalm 139:13-1613 For you formed my inward parts;
you knitted me together in my mother’s womb.
14 I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.
Wonderful are your works;
my soul knows it very well.
15 My frame was not hidden from you,
when I was being made in secret,
intricately woven in the depths of the earth.
16 Your eyes saw my unformed substance;
in your book were written, every one of them,
the days that were formed for me,
when as yet there was none of them.
Below are the services and meetings for this weekend:
Today, Thursday (6:30 PM) – Children’s Bible School (open to all but required for parents), followed by Bible Study (Proverbs) for the whole church at 7:30 PM.
Saturday (5:00-8:00 PM) – Evening for ladies and young girls (Mother’s day).
- – Worship Service in Russian at 9:00 AM (Mother’s Day)
- – Worship Service in English at 11:15 AM (Mother’s Day)
- – Church Family Evening Service at 6:00 PM with Children’s participation. (Please bring some sweets or fruits to the table for our fellowship afterwards. Thank you!)
On behalf of elders of GFC