Weekly Update | April 13, 2022
Weekly Newsletter 04/13/2022
“You are the salt of the earth, but if salt has lost its taste, how shall its saltiness be restored? It is no longer good for anything except to be thrown out and trampled under people’s feet.” (Matt. 5:13)
For salt to have a real effect on the food that it is sprinkled on, it must come into really close contact with it. This example of salt, used by Christ, tells us that we are this means that must penetrate, touch, and draw near to the world to influence it with the Gospel.
This presumes that we’ll come out of our “comfort zone,” that we’ll give up our impeccable reputation in the surrounding world, but also that we won’t become like this world. This way we’ll save our saltiness! If we lose our saltiness (become like this world), then we lose the whole essence of Christianity – personal fellowship with God!
Beloved, my prayer is that you would actively evangelize to the people around you, telling them the Gospel and about your faith. We are all very busy. We all feel that “tomorrow” we’ll be more ready to evangelize, but God is sending people into our lives today, with whom we must share about Christ!
Don’t miss the opportunity to memorize the passage that is noted below for memorization. Don’t just memorize it, but also study it for your own personal growth.
Continue supporting the churches which are working among the people who have suffered from the war in Ukraine: https://gfchurch.com/ukraine/
Prayer for the ministry in Poland:
Beloved, we continue praying for the work of Joseph and Julie Sheremet among the refugees in Poland. Here is what they have asked us to pray for:
(1) The guidance of the Holy Spirit in serving the people who are going through loss, grief, pain, and tears… There are thousands of people, but we can only help some.
(2) Wisdom in helping people – there are more needs than we can fulfill so it is important to help those with the highest priority.
(3) The development of teamwork in helping people.
(4) Caring for the spiritual condition of believers who are serving the refugees – unfortunately there is a weakening in being in the Word and prayer.
(6) THE MOST IMPORTANT – IN EVERYTHING WE DO AND WILL DO – THAT CHRIST AND THE GOSPEL WOULD BE CENTRAL.
The Scripture memory text for the next few weeks is – Matthew 28:18-2018 And Jesus came and said to them, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.”
Below are the services and meetings for this weekend:
Tomorrow, Thursday, April 14th (7:00 PM) – Passion Thursday, Communion
Sunday services (Easter):
- – Worship Service in Russian at 9:00 AM
- – Worship Service in English at 11:15 AM
- – Evening service with children’s participation (5:00 PM), followed by fellowship on the parking lot after the service.
Elders of GFC